Re: [MV] XM211 vs M211?

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 14:53:31 PST

The XM-211 is simply essentially the same truck you already have with the
exception being the X stands for Xperimental. Something the Army is trying
out but hasn't accepted yet. It used to be a " T " before the M number but
the Army loves to change things postwar WWII and decided the T designation
was "Old Fashioned " and came out with the " X " designation. The short
and skinny is the XM-211 hadn't been accepted and yes you will see minor
differences in them compared to a standard (?) M_211.

Jim
1998 IMZ 8.103