Re: [MV] M-35 torque curve LDT

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 15:46:04 PST

         The working range for the LDT-465 series engine if I recall
correctly is 1500-2600 RPM. 2600 RPM being max revs, So long as the rpm's
are at or no lower than 1500 putt your foot to it and let her rip. Also if
you have limited experience driving a Diesel bring the power on gently. By
gently I mean no stomping the throttle to the floor on the next gear, ease
the power on until it takes up the driveline slack....then matt it to the
floor and hold it there till 2100-2200 on level terrain till it's time to
shift to the next gear. Remember that the first three gears are close ratio
(not far apart) where forth and fifth gears are much wider. Hopefully this
answers your question.

Jim
n1vbn@bit-net.com
1998 IMZ 8.103