[MV] Spark Plug Socket Size

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 17:15:23 PST

The TM 209 series seems (?) to deal solely with multifuel engines.
And I have been unable to find it in the 9-8022 manual.. ( do TM's have a
listing of ALL tools required to repair any problem for a specific
vehicle? )

Could somebody please enlighten me as to the size of spark plug socket
required ( assuming original size spark plugs ) to remove the plugs on my
1953 M35 gasser? REO engine, straight 6. It's larger than a 3/4" socket..
I'd like to get one but would like to make one trip for this only if
possible <g>.

Secondary Q: The gas in this tank has been sitting for at LEAST two
years. I do not have a way to remove it/ refresh it. I thought I might
put gas drying chemicals in it to help remove water....I presume R/R the
gas would be better but will have to make do for now. One day when I bite
the bullet and buy standard insurance for it I'll be able to get it to a
shoppe for a gas swap. Or would it be THAT bad to try to just burn the old
gas out.. maybe mix in some new gas with it and rotate the fuel out that
way? The gas tank is under the drivers cab, looks to be ... I'm not sure,
perhaps 50-100 gallons. It looks to have been a part of the conversion
around 1970. Anyway, would gas drying chemicals be helpful in keeping the
engine running/minimizing the damage potentials?

Many thanks.

        Paul
        MVPA #24986
        '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion