Long term tire storage

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 06:35:02 PST

Whilst poking around in my container and tripping over a set of (that being
10) deuce wheels/tires I started wondering something being that I probably
will not be using them for perhaps 5 years or more. How is it best to store
mounted tires and wheels for long term? Laying flat or standing up, and if
laying flat how many high? Then, what kind of pressure to keep them at, I
assume that deflating them totally would not be good but is it necessarily
good to leave them at full pressure either? or some reduced pressure
perhaps? Inquiring minds want to know, anyone care to render an opinion?

thanks,

je