Re: [MV] Deuce split system(long)

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 21:20:01 PST

After I sent that last email I thought of a place it might be and wonder of
wonders it was there!
Manual is a SMARPI 9-2320-209-14&P SPLIT AIR-HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM
(MODIFIED M44A2 2 1/2 TON SERIES TRUCK)
and according to the Component Description consist of the following items,
1. Dual system hydraulic master cyl, mounting bracket,petal shaft support,
and yoke replace previously used single system master cyl. and components
2. Addition of a second and identical air-hydraulic booster mounted under
cab on right hand side.
3. Dual chamber air reservoir with separate draincocks replaces one of the
two previously used single chamber air reservoirs.
4. Brake warning lamp added to instrument panel.
5. New air and hydraulic routing(lines, tubes, fitting, valves)and the
wiring to facilitate interconnection of component items 1 thru 4.
and the system operation is:
A. The split air-hydraulic brake system on modified M44A2 series trucks
provide two independent air and hydraulic for actuation of the truck service
brakes. One system actuates the front steering axle brakes, while the second
system actuates the forward-rear and the rear-rear axle breaks.
and then goes on to the complete details on how to install the system.Hopes
this helps. Wayne