Initial phases of M35 exam.....

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 15:05:06 PST

Well as the m35 story continues I find more and more about its history.
Something VERY interesting showed up today, I have always wondered why it
had rustproofing plastic plugs all over the body and just thought NAH! the
military likes rust.... but when I opened the glovebox for the second time I
noticed a Military contract sticker for ......yup you guessed it,
rustproofing by a co. in Pitt. called Dacam ( i think ) dates 1986 with a
guarantee on the coating for .......ONE YEAR!... expiring in 1987 ....some
warranty.

This certainly explains the fact that the truck is 99.5% rust free..... duh.

My question is how many were done (rustproofed that is) ?????????????

Also the ID tag is DEFINITELY a rebuild stamped tag from 2-11-93 as i am
finding LOTS of 88-90 parts on it (radiator, tach, turn signal lever/switch)
.

One other question there is a simple 90 degree sheet metal bracket on the
trans tunnel just forward and right of the shifter.... whats it for ????
the heater controls all work great and the unit is tucked nicely under the
dash so thats not it and I know its not for rifle holders because I've seen
those cup shapes on the floor.?????

thanks in advance - SG