Preheating

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 19:28:03 PST

Ok guys i need to get in my 2 cents on the preheating ......

Its MUCH more important to engine life to preheat the oil than the water. I
know that the issue is hard starting and heating the water is more
effective, but I need to remind you that there is lots of potential damage
and definitely wear when oil flow in ANY engine is less than design limits.
We dont even THINK about putting a load on the race engines without seeing
180 degrees of oil temp. The Winston Cup guys minimum is 200 !

I sell a severe duty 110v "heating pad" that semi permanently attaches to
the oil pan and will raise the oil temp 90 dergrees in 25 min. and most all
my customers use them. I am going to measure the multifuel pan to see if it
fits.

Someone mentioned the GI kit adresses BOTH fluids and as usual they are
right.