For Sale: PRC-8 and AM-598 Radio

From: Joe Scheaffer (jsinvent@charter.net)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 16:03:53 PST

Hello,
I have a PRC-8 with AM-598 vehicle setup and the backpack setup for sale
for my Dad. The radio and accessories appeared to be new when my Dad
bought them 20 years ago. It comes with the complete backpack setup
except for the battery. All of the antennas, accessory bag, and carrying
harness are new, or barely used by my Dad and in as new shape. The
AM-598 vehicle power supply was rebuilt in the 60's by the government
and has not been used sence. (Except for testing it) The vehicle setup
is complete except for the power cable, antenna cable, and AB-15/GR. It
comes with the three new antenna sections (MS-116, MS-117, and MS-118)
for the AB-15, and the mount plate for the AM-598. We know the power
supply works, but we do not have a second radio to try the PRC-8 with
any more. It was working great 15 years ago last time Dad used it. I
don't think anything would have gone bad sitting in his closet. He is
asking $400 plus shipping. E-mail for a detailed description, complete
list of items included, and photos.
Thanks,
Joe