M35A2 Pulling Power?

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 00:13:03 PST

Did not try duece ----

But I had a fantastic time with M139 bridge transport truck

truck weighs about 32.000 empty - 10 14005X20 tires - 602cu in. gas engine

Couple years ago they had tractor pull here (we have about 3 a year) and I
asked could I pull my Army truck -- they did not ask what it was -- They
laughed at me said sure come on --

At this pull they had no way to know how much you were pulling.

They put me between classes - where they change sled from light to heavy
tractors = four or five folks with 4WD pickups pulled then was my turn -- I
did not know at the time, but friend of mine that was helping them said they
set sled as hard to pull as they could for me. Maxium weight and weight box
was set to climb to top as fast as it could.

I pulled sled out the end of track - never spun a wheel, never strained
truck.

1st. gear all wheel drive low range - according to book I was running 1.2
MPH - had I been at max RPM -- never got that much into engine. I was
about 500 RPM under max.

They will not let me pull again. I guess it embarasses the fellows with
farm tractors that they have spent some really big bucks on/.

I even offered to bring a different truck - have a M123A1 truck/tractor -
they said no.

Everette