M-1009 Transmission

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 08:56:23 PST

Once again to all that replied and tried to help I really appreciate it and
I thank you very much!

I finally had to take my M-1009 to a transmission shop that a friend of mine
owns. It seems that the main bolts had backed off allowing the transmission
to slide back when I accelerated and slide forward when I slowed down. This
damaged several components. A couple of flywheel bolts had broken off and
were flying around inside the cover. The flywheel was warped, the cover had
a hole torn in it, the torque converter was trashed and a total rebuild was
required. I was lucky that one of the broken bolts didn't do more damage!
While we were in there we discovered that my transfer case was also bad so
another $500.00 down the drain.

I would highly recommend that everyone that owns an M-1009 or a vehicle of
that series check their main transmission bolts ASAP.

Best regards & Happy Holidays,

Ed