Re: Beltring is ON....

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 02:29:22 PST

Ryan

> So let me get this straight, W&P charges people who bring vehicles
> (tanks included?) then also charges for the public who comes in and
> walks around? They're making money coming and going.

Yep, that's about the size of it.

Having once been in the Airshow world, I well remember that the
airshows provided fuel (Sea Furies drink heaps as do the privately
owned ex-mil jets now appearing on the scene), lubricants - important
subject for old oil burners like Harvards, DC-3s, Tiger Moths etc -
for attendees, you still had to pay
for accomodation and food, but it made the difference on whether or
not you flew some thirsty old warbird to their show. They were well
aware that no ex-mil means not much of an airshow.
Beltring claims they assist some of the heavy armour people though I
have never seen specifics. (I brought this point up with them a couple
of years ago.)

Regards
Doug