Motor has been identified! (Weasel)

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 10:13:54 PST

Jeff's reply follows, based on the following extra info he asked for:

Bore slightly over 3 inches, 3.1 or 3.125 perhaps. Crank forge number is
521525.

>From: WWIITrucks@aol.com
>
>Hi Chris;
> thats a Studebaker 4 inch stroke ,same size thats in a weasel which is a
> M-5 ,i think they stamped the number towards the front.the original M-5
> had babbitted rods. You could update and replace the rods with
> replaceable bearing rods.
>
>Jeff

Thanks Jeff! And anyone need a spare engine for their Weasel?

As for the transmission, most replies have been along the lines of Allen's:

"My thoughts are that you have a "brownie box" transmission, used behind
the main transmission to divide each gear into several short
ranges rather than one long one. You might try asking at the American Truck
Historical Society page, www.aths.org to see what they can
offer.

Allen"

I'll be checking with ATHS. Thanks Allen, and everyone else who has helped
out with these.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Elsinore, CA