Re: [MV] Fun Day If you are British

From: Dave Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 01:03:44 PST

http://www.aircombatusa.com/main.html
I do not know about tanks but these guys can give you the thrill of a
lifetime a couple of years ago some friends at work and I went on a
Department outing and called it shoot the boss down day we had a heck of a
lot of fun only one person out of eight could not complete the flight and
returned to the deck without firing his weapons I was told he blacked out
pulling out of a dive but wanted to continue instead got a tour of the
coastline.
I had so much fun you start out with a little ground school half hour later
you suit up and go to 10,000 feet fly to a designated area in my case 2
miles off the northern California coast and the plane is turned over to you
the pilot does not take the controls unless you do something really dumb or
ask him too. I got us into a flat spin but the pilot talked me out of it I
will never forget that feeling when the nose came around and we flew out the
bottom of the spin what a thrill. A friend got a little to aggressive and
they timed him out in a predesignated safe area after he threw the plane
into a violent snap roll at the bottom of a big loop totally surprising the
pilot and the other aggressor (me). I got the kill anyhow with guns instead
of missiles. The planes are rigged with an airborne type of miles gear so
all hits are registered.
The equipment is top notch and the pilots are the best and are all trained
combat veterans the pilot I went up with Paul was awesome the hammer head
stalls and inverted tailslides he showed me really make you look around for
the horizon and with a few tries he had me doing them although not as clean
and he operated the throttle and gave me commands like break right or left
or pull and push.
My only side effect was a slight stiff neck and bloodshot eyes which was
because I was constantly looking in circles over my shoulder for the other
aggressor you really spin your head more than the plane plus the G's are
always there pushing and pulling on you.
Everyone should give this a shot you do not need any flight training and it
is really easy with the pilot always there if you get in trouble. A few
tricks that worked for me climbing into the sun always worked well to get
someone off your butt climb straight up and do a push over at the top then
roll out nose low and come around and bingo there in front of you. Another
trick is the person who can stand the most G's the longest will win in a
tight inside spiraling dive the first to pull level gets nailed the hairiest
maneuver is the inside loop starting at the top with an inverted half roll
at the bottom this makes you remember your last meal just as you snap back
level and start looking for the other plane you get the taste chew gum it
helps with the taste and ear pressure.
Try it you will never forget it there are different locations across the
country.

Dave