CUCV Transmission

From: Brian (polaris650_92@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 18:57:49 PST

I ran into the same problem with my blazer, the tranny
shop pulled mine apart after checking the vacuum
valves. There was nothing wrong with my tranny that
anyone could see, but they proceeded to take
everything out and inspect it, only to find nothing.
They reinstalled it and I drove a week and the darn
thing became stuck in 2nd gear which was one step up
from being stuck in 1st gear the first time. They
took it off again and ran the internal parts of the
housing under a black light leak test, only to find a
series of small cracks that were expanding when the
case got hot. My tranny shifted fine when it was
cold, which makes sense as too why the cracks caused
the problem when it got warm. The only cure to my
problem was to get another case which was hard to find
in my area.

I hope any of this helps,
Brian