Bos'n pipe

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 12:36:48 PST

  It bothered me so much thinkin about this that I hunted the thing up.
Hadn't been in that place in years....found a few ship's patches, a
couple of old crows, a (Damage Controlman 3/c), a good looking Zippo
lighter with the USS Mount Hood AE-29 ammunition ship and emblem on it.
( Does this qualify for a military vehicle?) Anyone sail her? Anyone
need it? The boatswain's whistle only has sterling stamped on it,
nothing else and a lot of black tarnish....been stashed since the early
sixties. I can still play the last part of taps on it....remember that?
After a long day of turning to....it was a welcome sound, huh? It was an
unwelcome sound in the north atlantic in the winter at 0200 when the
bos'n piped "stand by for heavy rolls to starboard"! Does anyone on the
board know who manufactured them? Fred