Re: [MV] Bos'n pipe

From: Jim & Pat Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 16:31:33 PST

Hi Fred,

I about dropped my socks when I read the name "Mount Hood". My Dad was on
a CVE (baby flattop) from '43 to '45 and once told me about one time when
they were taking on bombs from an ammo ship in the Admiralty Islands. The
ship was the Mount Hood and it blew up. If the launch had been on time he
would have been coming along side about the wrong time. Wow, I wonder if
that was the same ship or if they named another after it. I guess it is
possible that someone left it with his wife or family before going to
sea. That is possibly a rare bit of history you have there.

Happy Holidays
Jim (KB4IVH)
MVPA #17216