Vor You, ze War (and Peace Show) iss Over.....

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 06:06:43 PST

Dear Listers......

today, I sat down (before I fell down) and took my first opportunity to
actually read the documents sent out by War and Peace (ie Beltring) which
included the Beltring Show entry application along with a two-page flyer
about the changes to the show for 2003.

Three things struck me.....
1. Support vehicles will be charged £25 per vehicle (free last year, £10 in
previous years). Additionally, support vehicles can no longer be placed near
your tent, etc. They will have to be parked in a designated parking zone.
However, there is no mention of any security for such zone, so you park your
vehicle and take your chances.

2. The fee to bring your military vehicle (yes, you gotta pay to exhibit your
MV here), has now gone up from £10 for non-IMPS members to £25 next year.

If you bring your MV, plus a backup vehicle "just-in-case", that's £50 gone
straight away (that's around $80 or Euro80). Then add your fuel costs.

So far, so bad. Now what do we get for all this extra charge? Will the roads
have been "surfaced" to avoid the long-running "death-by-dust"???
Have extra shower facilities been built additional to the mud-bath one, with
the regularly-blocked drains?
Has lighting been installed to illuminate the pitch-black (and often
dangerous) routes back to the tent at night?

Well, no mention of any of these obviously-needed improvements. Unlike some
other shows, you pay to attend this with your vehicle...even though this show
has a turnover in the £thousands, there is no "petrol money" for your
average jeep-owner, and now the cost of attending will be increased (for me)
five-fold.

There's always one remedy when this sort of thing starts to happen.... and
that is not to attend. So next year, for me, ze War (and Peace Show) iss
Over.....

Greetings of the Season to Listers everywhere.

Kind regards...
Ken