Jump stat problem M1008

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 10:42:20 PST

Hi All,
    Well I got my first thrill out of my M1008. Batteries died on me,
and I called AAA.
Told them to bring two batterie packs, but this was ignored. When they
finally showed up,
I managed to get the guy to use the battery pack and the jumper cables.
Well
the good news is that it started, but the part I don't understand is
that there is some kind of relay chatter initially, and after giving it
some throttle a couple of times it finally went away.
To say the least it was somewhat dissconcerting. Any one know what is
going on and if there is something to worry about? My guess is that
there wasn't enough in the batteries to let the system switch back from
24 volt start mode.

Thanks for any ideas.
Bruce MVPA 23824 M1008