Re: [MV] Maintaing HMV web sites

From: Mr. Bones (mrbones@ixks.com)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 03:01:24 PST

Required non-HMV content: What is the best/easiest web design/maintenance
program for doing web sites. I have given up on MS Front Page?

Steve,

I definitely have to agree that using a simple text editor produces by far the
best web pages. I use Notepad, or also the readily downloadable Winedit, which
is shareware and makes the HTML coding much easier by allowing you to have
multiple pages open to edit, as well as visually highlighting the HTML tags in
your code. This makes it a great deal easier to proofread or debug.

Using a text editor vs one of the bloatware gives you comtrol, similar to having
guages you can monitor your vehicle with, and components under the hood that can
often be remedied with a gentle love tap from a screwdriver handle, VS having
idiot lights and a computer controlled vehicle that leaves you scratching your
head and muttering dark epithets on the side of the road.

I would be most happy to send you some blank page code to tinker with and learn,
along with a quick rundown of the basic paramaters for the same. There's really
only a few tags you need to know for a basic page, and you can build upon your
skills rapidly. You will greatly enjoy the increased control you have over your
output, the improved speed at which your pages load, and the fact that you did
the work with your own hands, just like your MVs.

Best regards to you and yours,

Bones