B-17 History ?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 06:05:08 PST

Matbe there is a better list to ask but since I belong to thos one, here
goes. I had heard a story a few years back, maybe more, about a group
locating 5 B-17s under a bunch of ice in maybe Greenland. Probably an urban
legend but the tale was told of the group core drilling down to the aircraft,
dissassembling them, raising them and flying them off the ice. Can anybody
confirm or deny if there is any thuth to this? Anybody have any documented
stories about any kind of incredible finds like this? Can't pass up a
ressurection story!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2 w/w