Re: [MV] B-17 History ?

From: Mark B. Anderson (mark@aasurplus.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 08:58:30 PST

Ok my turn for plane stories.

I live across from an old air base which was used to train allied pilots in
the 1940's When the base closed they gave everybody who wanted a plane got
one. We got two and used them for chicken coups. My father then decided he
did not want them anymore and buried them in our backyard. Now this was what
I was told and it was before I was born. BUT I still live on the same land
and when we started to build my house we dig right into a TIGER MOTH I have
pieces all over my yard now from one of the planes and have never found the
second. My dad is still alive and can show me right were the second plane is
buried but I'm not going to try to dig it up as there was not much left of
the first one so I'm assuming the same with the second.

OK that's my plane story for 2002. So anyone need any parts for a TIGER MOTH
they can come get them. Since they were mostly canvass only parts of the
frame are left.

Cheers,

Mark Anderson