Recruiting Our Youth

From: Ryan Aguilar (raguilar13@cox.net)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 23:53:57 PST

One way to attract younger mil-vers (coming from the mouth of one) is for
some of the guys to get off of their high horses. I am a owner of a
beautiful M35 and a CUCV and am often treated as if I am incapable of
fathoming anything that has to do with either of my trucks. I stopped
going to the two local surplus stores in my area because of this crappy
attitude. Some of these guys act like they are the end all and know all of
military vehicles. It is not a secret society, but rather a fraternity of
people with common interests. I would love to meet some guys around here
who just wanna hang out and "talk shop" and drink beer and pet our army
surplus but those people are few and far between. There is much I need to
learn about about my vehicles and there are many more that I will own in the
future but it only takes a few snotty remarks to a total stranger before he
never comes back. So far my experiences with many (not all) members of
this list have been positive and helpful and for that I am grateful. My
big green girls thank you very much.