Recruiting Our Youth and B-17 History

From: mark (fishmeok@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 08:16:16 PST

I'm 33 and have an M38A1 and an M715- I've wanted an MV since I was old
enough to know what they are-

In this month's MV Mag they have the results of their annual reader survey-
it seems that the average age of the reader is 53, has 2.5 MV's worth
$25,544, and is male... no wonder parts are so expensive with that much
disposable income being thrown around!
I need a subsidy! Anyone?

The B-17 was leading a flight of 5 P-38's to Europe in late '42 or '43.
They became lost, ran out of gas, and everyone bellied in on a glacier in
Greenland (they were all rescued) The P-38 that they pulled out of the ice
has been completely restored and just flew for the first time a couple
months ago. I don't know if they can get any more planes out, they were all
pretty much crushed flat and broken up by the glacier.

Cheers
Mark
(just another poor aircraft mechanic)