Today's Trip to Ft Riley

From: Witold Grzymala-Busse (wbusse@ips-networking.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 17:47:43 PST

I went today to pick up my latest deuce from Ft. Riley. The Deuce is in
REALLY GOOD shape. The last coat of paint was put on Aug of 2001!! The
engine looks really good as do the tires and the undercarriage. It looks
like it is fresh from the factory. Since I had time, I took a look at the
scrap piles which are very close to the trucks. Here is what I found at the
scrap piles:

A good looking M1A (tank) transmission!!
M1A turret bustles (4-5)
4-5 M-800 series transmissions
M-923 with missing parts but overall good condition
2-3 CUCV's - residue
Tons of useful tools.
3-5 HEMITT cabs
Lots of truck doors

All in all my impression was that there is some kind of bullshit corruption
scheme going on at the Fort. The Army was scrapping really good quality
equipment. Why the hell are they throwing away a M-1A transmission last
overhauled in '96. Gov Liq. has not received a single M-900 series truck
but they are being thrown in to the scrap pile. BTW, the DRMO still
controls scrap at Riley not Gov. Liq. One last thing, the Army will release
about 600 M-800 series trucks at Riley to Gov Liq. soon!!!

WGB