Knuckle Booms

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 01:44:20 PST

Happy New Year!!! Anybody had any experience with mil surplus knuckle
booms? What were they on? There is a company here that has a few and I'm
considering one for my deuce. These things are still green. I can get a 6
ton that needs a rotating cylinder(?) for $1800 or a completely servicable
unit with new paint for $2600. Both prices are cash & carry and don't
include a pump or PTO. They supposedly have a 16' hydraulic extension with 3
mechanical extensions giving it a 27' reach. This would make my deuce much
more useful and is cheaper than an M543 wrecker. Thoughts, complaints,
gripes, advice?

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2 w/w