Re: [MV] YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF SICK PEOPLE

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 17:14:40 PST

Well yes and no .. The pocket book does dictate what toys
we can and can't own .. I mean I have a much stronger
affity for WW II aircraft especially Navy fighters and
bombers that I do for my MV's.. My financial position
prohibits me from owning and operating a F4U Corsair
or SBD Dauntless. Heack there is still a few additional
MV's I lust over, a WW II Chevy 1 1/2 ton crash truck
as an example that is not within reach due to my current
finical position ..

That is why I got involved in a couple of foundations that
did recover and restore Warbirds. And by the grace of God I
have been fortunate to have both piloted and crewed these
pieces of history. But then the practicality sets in of
unless I hit Megabucks lotto I will never be able to afford
one. So the next best thing is a MV..

The overall difference is that I have been able to afford
to acquire and fix up and run 3 out of 4 currently owned MV
vehicles. Where as I could not even afford a cheep L-bird
Warbird on the same budget ..

I am an old mechanical dreamer and I get sick anytime I see
an old car or aircraft just sitting, rotting away going and
going to waste. I sure can't afford to save them all and its
too bad that there is not more of us "gear heads" out in this
world to save and preserve the old iron that will be otherwise
lost forever ..

                                 Bob B