Towing Half-Tracks

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 14:24:15 PST

Some time this year I'll have my Jeep restoration completed, and another project will need to fill the next several years of my life. (Maybe a break between) I have been looking at US Half-Tracks from WWII, namely the White M16.

How do you guys tow this 18,000 lbs(+/-) of steel around?
What type of trailer do you need, is there a military model available?
What truck do you use to tow? Does a Deuce and a Half make the cut, or do you need a 5-ton?

Thinking out loud and making plans...

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1