24vdc from 12vdc 6.5L turbo-diesel with air conditioning...

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 22:17:07 PST

Howdy, folks...

Speaking of getting 12v from a 24v vehicle, I am STILL
needing a valid, legitimate, cogent way of getting 24v
from a 12v vehicle. My 1985 M1009 had been
retrofitted (err..."upgraded") to a 6.5L TD and has
air-conditioning now. I need a straight-forward (or
at least very intelligible) solution to get 24vdc out
of it to use the VRC-64 and R-442.

Please send any rational thoughts on this to me
off-list. I ask this periodically in the hopes there
is someone else that has run into this but sadly, I
never receive any good advice on how to fix this short
of "rigging" it to work. Yes, I could get a couple of
12vdc gel-cells and plop them in the cargo area, but
somehow this isn't the solution I was looking
for...:-)

Thanks in advance!

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV

p.s. Someone on the list has the klez worm. You may
want to get Norton and check because it's sending out
your worm by posing that it came from my web-based
e-mail address.