Police Work

From: Demonware Restorations (INDYN@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 00:30:05 PST

Firstly I DO NOT condone any actions of another in an incident i am not
involved with, however it was a most unfortunate incident indeed. Police
Officers have an increasingly tougher job to perform in a society that doesn
t do enough to help them in the first place. Yes it might be well to say
they should stop and think about the situation before acting, but do that
and run the risk of seeing their names in the obituary column next week..

Believe me, it has come to a stage of REACT. I have been in numerous
situations with both Civilian and Military Units where slow reactions could
have cost lives.. Yes, no-one is perfect and things do happen, people do
get carried away and do stupid things, but if you believe your life to be in
danger you will do almost anything to change that situation ( whether you
are civvie, military, police, protecting your kids it doesn't matter)..

My heart does go out for the kids for the loss of their dog and to the
adults for their rather unneeded incident, but these things do happen.. It
takes a real man to admit when he's wrong ( But it appears that most
American Policies have a completely set of rules and believe in covering it
all up and offering obscene amounts of money. Hell the damage is done whats
money going to achieve). NZ is in the habit lately of sacking/firing the
head of the department involved because somehow that person was to blame..
NOT exactly correct either.. We aren't exactly perfect either..oh well..

Just my two cents

Adam North
RNZAF Police Ret.

Demonware Restorations