Re: [MV] Vehicles in France?

From: Paintball Plus (pball@csionline.net)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 18:16:41 PST

Hi Joe,

Yup, I friend of mine told me that his friend bought one of these jeeps
from a guy who paid $25.00 for the jeep. Another buy bought one of the
tanks for $100, and the French Gvt paid for the shipping, just to get
the tank out of the country. They said it was considered hazardous
material. Yup, that was the story. Drove the tank right over the
Brooklyn Bridge to get it from the Manhattan docks to his home in
Brooklyn. They wouldn't let him park the tank in his yard, so he brought
it over to the DAV Hall, and they let him leave the tank right in their
front yard. He even showed me the tank! He said there were other guys
all over who were in the same situation, and they found out how the DAV
let them park their tanks for FREE. No rent. So, all these other guys
brought their tanks over to the other Vets places. He said you can go to
almost anywhere in the country and find tanks, cannons and other stuff
parked by the vets places. They usually rope them off or something like
that, because the vets don't own them, and they don't want people
stealin' stuff off them.

True story. I was 10 years old then. I also was told that a really rich
guy bought the Brooklyn Bridge from the city because he was pissed at
them for raising taxes. He swore that he would never put tolls on that
bridge, and put that in his will. So, the stories MUST BE TRUE because
there aren't any tolls on the Brooklyn Bridge!

Bruce

--
Bruce Kalin

USMC MTA MVPA North Jersey MTA South Jersey MVPA

USMC M35A2C W/W M2 50 cal, TVS-2 Night Vision Scope M16 x 2 RT-246, PRC-77, VIC/1 Deep Water Fording Kit

M105A2 w/ rust :-)