Re: [MV] Police Work- why I posted it here - followup

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 09:19:38 PST

I think the bigger questions is - where is this all going. If people are being denied medical treatment due to the situation or how they look, etc. People are
being pulled over while driving the family car home from vacation, handcuffed, their dog gets shot, etc.

How far are we from getting into situations were they shoot first and ask questions later?

There is way too much paranoia over terrorism and snipers. Granted 911 was a major disaster and we need to learn from that situation. However the over-
reaction may in the long run be worse than the disaster.

Think about it .... what have you been hearing since 9/11. Secret Government.. Spying on citizens.. "Detaining" citizens without filing charges. Limiting
freedoms.... National ID cards.. Face recognition surviellence in public areas.. Inplantable ID's... Tracking of Cell phone locations to a couple of yards..

In the end, a lack of access to MV's could be a drop in the bucket compared to what could be coming. Let's hope this "trend" does not continue or else all
of the freedoms that so many have died for will go right out the window so we can be "safe" and protected by "the government". Notice I said "the
government", not "our government".

Dave