moving armor by rail today

From: renactr2@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 10:20:13 PST

Hi list,
In order to attend some ww2 events farther away from the Philadelphia area, I need to look as trasporting several tracked or armoured vehicles at one time.

Has anyone had any recent experiance with contacting a modern train line and trying to get a tank shipped?

My WW2 unit will be tryin to move 2 bren carriers and three armoured cars.

What office of a train company do I start with? is there a freight broker who sets all that up? What did it cost you and when? (what year?)

DO they povide the tie down chains or do you? What about other dunnage?

Please respond to renactr2@aol.com
Cheers,
Jim Burrill