Re: [MV] [MV] No Start M-1009

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 13:04:40 PST

         Jeff,

         Think the kiss principle Hold the ignition key in start position
next time it refuses to engage the starter and move the shift lever from
park to neutral to slowly to see if starter engages. If it does and vehicle
starts I would say you might have a misadjusted neutral safety switch. I
remember the 1966 Ford's were like this and if you didn't know how to start
them you wouldn't. Take left arm over steering column and pull up on shift
lever in Park position while turning key to start this allowed the neutral
safety switch to complete the circuit so the starter worked.

Kindly let us know what you find.

James Shanks
1998 IMZ 8.103
n1vbn@bit-net.com