Needed M151A1 Starter

From: Tony Castagno (tonycastagno@verticalthought.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 05:38:10 PST

Hello List,

It appears I need a new starter for my M151A1. I believe I might have
had a loose connection on my batteries which might have led to its
destruction. When I turn on my power switch none of the gauges are
registering. I tested and found 12 volts on each battery and 24 across
them when the switch is off. When I turn the switch on I have miniscule
voltage which I believe indicates a short. I checked the switch and it
checked out fine for voltage, I next disconnected the wire from the
starter and my gauges were back and I was showing 24 volts across the
batteries.

So does anyone have a good source for M151 starters? I think Frontline
has them for 125 rebuilt and Murray has them for 145 NOS.... are there
any other options? I guess I could try to have it rebuilt locally but
is it worth it?

Thanks,
Tony