Netherlands ditching lots of stuff

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 23:07:56 PST

Hi all,

I heard from a reliable source that 2003 is going to see a lot of stuff
being sold by the Dutch. Unlike other military sell offs, "current
inventory" items are being sold in order to cut down on overhead and get
some income at the same time. Basically, everything that their reserve
units have will be up for sale. That means Tanks, trucks, light
vehicles, etc. Apparently even a part of the Active Army is having to
part with stuff, like:

*Brand new* PzH 2000 SPG made in Germany:
http://www.ets-news.com/Panzer.htm

Apparently these are vehicles currently being built under contract, and
the contract can not be cancelled. Obviously we collectors can forget
about getting ahold of one of these puppies, but the rest of the stuff
might be available to the surplus market.

Steve