Re: [MV] moving armor by rail today

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 07:46:47 PST

RAM... as you said "nary a scratch" after traveling from Canadian railhead
to Claremont, NH via Vermont.
    As renactr2@aol.com pointed out 2 vital, key words in his post, "
Philadelphia area".
    Not many "Gangs" in the in the Canadian Provinces, and fewer still that
can comply with the rigidly enforced Canadian law requiring ALL graffiti to
be in both French and English.
    Not much graffiti in Vermont, since sheep have trouble with the spray
can button. I have noticed attempts to raise the intellectual level of the
natives at certain times of the year up there. Someone (State Department of
Education? Fish and Game Dept.?) appears to paint 'COW' and 'DOG' and
'HORSE' in florescent orange on the animals up there each fall???
    Most of the teenagers on the Vt/NH border the tank traversed cannot
afford the spray paint, let alone the drugs that help support the 'tagging'
we suffer due to our liberal welfare policies in the lower US states.Plus
the taggers seem to avoid climates where the natives carry guns and hanging
around out doors for thirty minutes can make you resemble a frozen turkey.
They try to frequent areas where valuable things can be easily stolen and
quickly sold. Upstate NH and Vt fail to meet this criteria.

    Now down here in the lower US, in contrast to the UPPA US { say that
slowly several times...;-) } where you reside, people who carry firearms are
a rarity, unless you are a tagger or a cop. Hence things are stolen from
people who have jobs and buy stuff but can't defend it. Surely you have
noticed the stripped vehicles on the Cross Bronx Expressway as you approach
the GW Bridge. Most are cars which broke down only 10 minutes before. In
UPPA US, multiple stripped, rusting cars in your yard is a status symbol.
(Ok, I'm jealous of that perk)
    As you proceed south, the problem only gets worse, until you reach
Virginia and points south who have Sheriffs elected by the people who remove
the same for non performance. Cities like Boston, New York and
Philadelphia, among others, have police unions and appointed 'Police
commissioner's with inability to control crime, but are gang busters on
traffic citations and ticketing non pooper scooped pet owners. They know
that citizens don't carry guns, but butt crack showing, backward baseball
cap wearing, spraycan wielding punks might. Hence one of the disadvantages
of living in the balmy tropical climes in contrast to your stretch of North
American climate.

    Get the drift? (Every Morning a fresh foot)

            Ronzo