Re: [MV] Starters as winch motors...

From: Steve Malikoff (MIL-VEH account) (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 00:41:31 PST

G'day all,
   If I recall correctly (and I often don't) Bosch starter motors were used
as the drive units for the WW2 German 'Goliath' remote-controlled tracked
demolition device (err, "bomb"). Later larger versions used a petrol motor,
so perhaps like the thing itself it wasn't a successful way of powering
a vehicle. This was mentioned in a caption to a photo I saw of a Goliath unit.

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au