RE: [MV] Ebay Items disappear

From: HOWARD WRIGHT (dvsww2@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 13:27:44 PST

Seems like this happens all the time. Ebay is getting more and more anal
and unfortunately they could give a rats ass about the loss of business.
I'm an FFL, follow the rules set forth by BATF, but they hurt the hell out
of my business when they threw out selling guns. Then they kicked off the
WWII German items, and it seems from complaints from my friends on the
Russian reenacter boards that they have soft ware to detect if you have
Cyrillic fonts on your computer. In this case they are locking you out from
bidding on an item. There is a section on items they don't accept. I'd
say if you are interested in an item it might be a good idea to keep track
of the seller's email should it get the boot. So much for a site who openly
lets porn be sold, but excludes an honest dealer following the law.