Re: [MV] only some Ebay Items disappear

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 08:37:51 PST

At 10:10 AM -0600 1/17/03, Bill Chambers wrote:
[snip]
>The atrocities they witnessed were pure evil. So, why are Nazis banned, but
>not Japanese?

Because E-Bay's policies are poorly thought out, biased and arbitrary?

>Another interesting note: I have met WW2 German reenactors, but never any
>Japanese... interesting....

Not many Japanese look back on their nation's WWII activities with
any particular pride. Plus they have very little room for the MV
collecting.
I think the majority of those that cast their MV/Re-enacting type
energies back to that period concentrate on building amazingly
precise and accurate models of vehicles of the period. I've seen some
amazing Japanese models of German and US tanks from WWII. Look at how
Tamiya dominates the plastic model realm.

If you ever have a chance to go through a news stand in the US that
has Japanese magazines, look for Hobby Japan. Amazing stuff in those
things.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -