Re: [MV] Jap wrecks.....

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 17:28:57 PST

Back in the late 70's my father was starting a project for a museum, I
believe it was for the New England Air Museum in Hartford. Anyway it was
involving a aircraft that was on loan to them from the Navy. It was a very
low time. Kawanishi Shiden-Kai..........or know to the US as a "George".
I was only 7 at the time, but it was stored in the same hangar as our N3N.
Anyway durring that time, I had racked up many combat hours in various
airframes. Fighting off enemy aces and shooting them down with my imaginary
guns. I rellished the thought to "test fly" one of my counterparts
airplanes. Well anyway, with the canopy closed, my dad caught me and took
a picture of the "Ace".

Jeff