More on my "oops" page

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 20:23:16 PST

If you have any time left to kill today you may want to check out the bottom
of this page. Nothing great, just slightly interesting.

http://www.joetrapp.com/pages/958688/index.htm

The dump truck here is not a MV but it is interesting to me to observe that
the suspension on this 97 Volvo is almost identical to the suspension on my
67 M35. I don't know how many of you are impressed with these old deuces,
but when I first started looking at them I was very impressed. I have
worked around large truck all my life and the money and engineering that
went into the M35's is way ahead of it's time. It was probably the early
90's before any of the trucks we had were equipped with bud wheels. That
was a "high" dollar option on most of the trucks available to the public.
Not to mention the torsion bars and so forth (I hope that's what they are
called). The civilian world has now caught up, but big trucks didn't cost
$58,000 back in the 60's did they. It's good to see we got something for
that tax dollar.

In case anyone is wondering, the dump truck weighed around 70 to 75 thousand
pounds when the axle broke loose. After about an hour and a half, two 20
ton jacks, a pile of 6 x 6 timbers and a few strained sphincters we had the
truck under way again (to the repair shop).

Joe Trapp