Re: [MV] Split Rim Wheels question CAUTION!

From: Nigel Hay - MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 09:54:54 PST

Folks
I am reminded of the sad death in I think 1984 after the Normandy tour, of
Patric Houlin (a Belgian collector whose Chevrolet K51 radio truck was a
real masterpiece) whilst chaning a tyre. I cant recall exactly but i believe
he was killed after being struck on the head by the ring of a split rim -so
its definatley a very dangerous sport!
When I did my halftrack it had French army runflats on the front ( well
tracks all run flat dont they) and I had to try 3 commercial tyre shops to
get them removed. Some enourmous amount of pressure was finally used to get
them off.

Nige (PS Halfrack is still for sale!)