Re: [MV] Painting over Chrome ?

From: J Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 13:43:20 PST

If you REALLY want it done right, you can take it to a good plating shop
in your area, and have them de-chrome it. That will leave you a perfect
surface to prime and paint. Or, you could just sand it a little, and
shoot a coat of paint over it. It will eventually wear through, but
it's cheaper and the end result is a painted part either way. Just
depends on what degree of detail you are looking for out of it.

Jay Travis