Re: [MV] Freewheeling hubs

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 17:52:20 PST

I would, but since I do use the truck for the Texas Guard, I really
need to keep the ability to go to all wheel drive at a minute's
notice.
Since you mention bearings, this brings up a good point - the end of
the axle has a spline, and this is carried in the original hub.

In yours, you have installed bearings I assume that carry the end of
the axle, and the bearings carry the friction rather than the end of
the axle.

Now I am curious about the lock out hubs construction, how do they
handle the axle, and do they have a bearing, that is, what rubs in
there? I wish I had a drawing.