RE: [MV] mv- AUCTIONS

From: Glen Bedel (GBedel@designforum.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 08:37:40 PST

Dave,

In my original message I was not critisizing GL. I do infact think you guys
do good bymost buyers.
It is my opinion that if "big" buyer continue to out bid the little guys,
this will limit who will be able to
restore military vehicle. I don't think there would be a MVPA if these
vehicle were selling for 10k-12k before restoration.

One other thing is maybe you should hold a dealerless auction to give others
a chance to bid within restorers budgets. ( maybe offering vehicles that
need restoring and not just a couple of batteries)

This is not a complaint on dealers either, I think if they continue to out
bid smaller collecters they may put the "Parts business" out.

again just something I observe.

for reference I previously built street rods( back yard) but I wouldn't even
think about doing it in todays market just due to the price of restorable
vehicles.