Re: [MV] Tire Wear

From: Markeson, Keith (kmarkeso@chartermi.net)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 09:49:20 PST

I have had this same wear pattern (feathering) on pretty
much every four wheel drive truck that I have owned ('82
GMC, '94 GMC, '99 Toyota, and '03 Dodge.) When I ask shops
about it they say that it is normal and I just need to
rotate my tires more often. Granted rotating tires on
something with four wheels is a heck of a-lot easier that
on something with 10. But, that is probably all you need
to do.

Keith Markeson
1971 M35A2
1953 M105A1

P.S. I have to rotate tires on my '99 Toyota Tacoma every
3,000 miles to keep them from feathering too bad.