gsa auctions

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 12:52:23 PST

May I offer a word of caution dealing with GSA auctions -

I am not refereeing to open auctions that they hold where you look at
merchandise and they auction it off that day.

I am talking about the internet GSA auctions

BE VERY CAREFUL DEALING WITH INTERNET GSA AUCTIONS

 I have bid on and bought items from this auction site in the past.

I have also had a costly experience dealing with them.

I bid on an item and when I was outbid I stopped keeping up with that
particular item, it seems that the person who outbid me somehow withdrew
their bid and this action made me once again high bidder. BUT,,,, no one
told me this.

They only send notifications of winning bids via email and my email was down
a couple days and I did not get notice.

Then I got certified letter that I had defaulted on this auction and I was
assed damages that exceeded selling price of item. I had to pay the amount
they assessed me and I did not get the merchandise. I got a really
aggressive letter that if I did not pay the federal government would sue me.

I made several phone calls and wrote several letters about this - this only
caused the amount of the assessment to increase because of late fees and
penalty

This is last business I have had with them.

Everette

As the old cowboys say - Mind where you step......