RE: [MV] question for more learned on list

From: Bill Chambers (bchambers@hoovers.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 07:00:58 PST

Joe Foss enlisted in the Marine Reserves, receiving a MOH on Guadacanal.

After the war, he migrated over to the South Dakota Air National Guard.
During that enlistment, he reached Brigadier General.

He was also the First commissioiner of the American Football League, unitl
1966
Also the president of the NRA from 1988-1990.

One helluva a guy. He called the return to homefront and the following war
bonds tour, his "dancing bear act"

Regards,
Bill