Fuel Filter Heater Needed

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 11:57:09 PST

Well I found most of my problem with the non running M-1009 in cold weather.
The fuel filter heater is not working. I have a clear in line filter coming
from the tank before it goes into the main filter. The fuel in it is golden
colored and clean, no water or particles at all. When I tried to drain the
main filter to check it the fuel came out in globs instead of free flowing
as it should. Even though I use anti-gel and fuel from a very active truck
stop it is still gelling in the main filter.

Does anyone have an NOS fuel filter heater for sale? If not can anyone
direct me to the correct site to buy one? I did a Google search for
Stanadyne and even though many sites came up I can't find the required parts
for the military filter system on any of them.

Thanks,

Ed