Re: [MV] 24V Jumper Cables

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 15:08:20 PST

If you have never used an M-series slave cable before on your HMV, check it
out 1st.

I bought a US version a few years ago and when I went to plug it into my
M151, I got sparks!!!!!!!!

I thought I bought a bum cable! Come to find out the M151 socket was wired
WRONG. I swear that that connector is the 1st part they put onto the body...
Quite a job to change when you have a heater!

After replacing the socket assy, I gingerly plugged the cable in. No
problems.

Next I went to plug it into the slave connector of my 1951 M-series
generator.
SPARKS AGAIN!!!!!

Would you believe that the connector on the generator was wired the other
way
AND marked that way too! I cannot believe that they changed the +/- on the
connector AFTER they started production.

Be careful!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce